Child Welfare - Senior Associate - US
Child Welfare Senior Associate
Location: Work remotely home office and travel as required.
At SLI Government Solutions, we provide subject matter expertise, consultation and support for
government-run human services programs to improve outcomes for children and families; and we help government entities manage IT project risks through independent verification and validation, quality assurance, software testing, and more.
The CSF team of child welfare subject matter experts is among the most capable and well-respected in the nation, and includes top authorities in the subjects of child safety and risk, the needs of older youth and adolescents in placement, family and child strengths and needs assessment, child welfare interventions, effective social service delivery, and the measurement of outcomes for children and families.
The Center for the Support of Families (A Division of SLI Government Solutions) is seeking an experienced child welfare professional to join our consulting team.
This Child Welfare Senior Associate will help us as we help child welfare systems improve outcomes for children and families. This could include:
- recruiting relative and kin caregivers;
- using data to improve practice and outcomes;
- designing and implementing child welfare practice models;
- designing and implementing performance-based contracting;
- assessing child welfare systems; and
- helping child welfare systems use proven approaches to implementation.
Desirable Education and Experience Requirements
· This person must have demonstrated writing (proposals, reports and research) and some experience related to: 1) using quantitative and qualitative data to improve practice and outcomes; 2) using best practices and research evidence; 3) collaborating with jurisdictional partners and stakeholders; 4) leading seminars and workshops; and 5) building the capabilities of jurisdictional partners and stakeholders. The following are desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous or current involvement with a national child welfare and/or social services association (e.g., NAPCWA, APHSA)
- Project management experience
- Organizational change management experience
- Experience in social services program in addition to child welfare (e.g., child support, TANF, Aging and Adult Services)
- Post-BA Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in child welfare at the local, state, tribal and/or federal government level
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and priorities, meeting timeliness and quality expectations
- Ability to work from a home office
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Office 365)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
· Able to travel 50 to 75 percent of the time.
· Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
· Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time.
· Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time.
· Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We offer excellent paid benefits that include:
· Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
· 100% Paid Life Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· 401k Savings Plan (with Matching Contribution)
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related task and responsibilities than those stated above.
SLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family USA
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 75
- Maryland, USA