Human Services Financing Associate
Human Services Financing Associate
Remote Work + Travel Required
At SLI Government Solutions, we provide subject matter expertise, consultation and support for government-run human services programs to improve outcomes for children and families; and we help government entities manage IT project risks through independent verification and validation, quality assurance, software testing, and more. Specifically, the Center for the Support of Families (CSF) (a division of SLI), is a recognized leader in improving program practices and policies for child and family services agencies. Our range of services includes strategic planning, policy analysis, business process analysis and reform, implementation assistance, and training and coaching for policy, program delivery and customer service staff.
The Center for the Support of Families (A Division of SLI) is seeking an experienced Human Services Financing professional to join our consulting team.
This Human Services Financing Associate will help us as we help Human Services systems improve outcomes for children and families using data and financing. This could include:
- helping program and finance leaders maximize federal grants, including Medicaid, and Title IV-E revenues;
- help systems develop a proactive budgeting and Cost allocation process;
- using data to improve practice and outcomes;
- designing and implementing performance-based contracting;
- help systems ensure that key decisions are made related to the Family First Prevention Services Act
- assessing Human services systems; and
- helping Human Services systems use proven approaches to implementation.
Desirable Education and Experience Requirements
This person must have demonstrated writing (proposals, reports and research) and some experience related to: 1) using quantitative and qualitative data to improve practice and outcomes; 2) using best practices and research evidence; 3) collaborating with jurisdictional partners and stakeholders; 4) leading seminars and workshops; and 5) building the capabilities of jurisdictional partners and stakeholders.
The following are desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous or current involvement with a national child welfare and/or social services association (e.g., NAPCWA, APHSA)
- Project management experience
- Organizational change management experience
- Experience with performance- based contracting
- Experience in social services program in addition to child welfare (e.g., child support, TANF, Aging and Adult Services)
- Experience with working with Human Services provider networks
- Knowledge of Human Services funding streams.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in Human Services at the local, state, tribal and/or federal government level
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must have the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and priorities, meeting timeliness and quality expectations
- Ability to work from a home office
- Ability to work with colleagues in a virtual environment (via conference calls, web meetings, and using digital collaboration tools such as SharePoint and Office 365)
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Able to travel 50 to 75 percent of the time.
- Must have the ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
- Must have the ability to speak on the telephone for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to read (paper or computer screen) for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
We offer excellent paid benefits that include:
- Comprehensive Health & Dental Insurance
- 100% Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Savings Plan (with Matching Contribution)
- Job Family USA
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel % 75