Information Technology - Computer Support Specialist - US
Thursday, February 6, 2020
SA - Computer Support Specialist
Duties and responsibilities:
- Corrects end user issues and reports issues that cannot be corrected in a timely fashion
- Assists IT personnel in other locations resolving end user issues
- Performs installations and resolves end user support issues within the LAN/WAN environments
- Maintains records, logs and reports of end-user assistance and troubleshooting requests
- Provides hands on training, training materials and documentation for IT applications and/or equipment to employees when necessary
- Takes ownership of specific application(s) and system(s) areas, as assigned
- Maintains diagrams and other documents regarding the application(s) or system(s) functionality
- Works with department leaders to gain an understanding of the business need for changes, modifications or new systems to be implemented
- Evaluates interrelationships between systems, identifying how changes may affect other systems
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed
- Provides weekly reports to the IT Supervisor regarding workload, open projects and issues
- Schedules bi-annual auditing of all issued laptops
- Provides maintenance and operation of end user applications including, but not limited to, the email system, backup systems, phone system modifications and new user account and PC set-ups
- Responsible for upholding network security measures set by our policies
- Maintains knowledge of remote access products
- Responds to all issues in the IT Ticket tracking system in a timely fashion
- Preferable formal qualification in a computer related field i.e. computer science or information systems.
- Technical support experience, having a sound knowledge of networks, computers, tablets, troubleshooting, repair and configuration, including MS Office and MS Windows.
- Fluent in the English language, verbal and written
- Structured way of working
- Pro-active attitude
- Flexible, Stress resistance and able to work with deadlines
- Being a team player with good communication skills
We are a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that we conducts business. If you are requested by us to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with us may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. We encourage diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.