Houston, TX, USA
Friday, November 15, 2019
DISA Global Solutions is a fast-paced, growing company focused on providing safety and compliance solutions, which include drug and alcohol testing, background screening, occupational health screening, transportation compliance, and safety and substance abuse training. We are headquartered in Houston, Texas with over 800 employees. DISA has specialized in promoting workplace health and safety for over 25 years and has a strong market presence in the energy and transportation sector. We are IT innovators and developed one of the most advanced platforms to support our clients’ access to data. DISA is highly committed to quality and service excellence.
DISA employees are offered a competitive pay and benefits package and a fun and exciting place to work. We have a collaborative and team-oriented culture with numerous opportunities of career advancement. We offer monthly appreciation events and strive to provide a learning environment where each employee is encouraged to participate in continuing education and training.
Help develop solutions to streamline, integrate and improve technical system operations within the DISA infrastructure. Provide support for elements of that infrastructure that include LAN, WAN, servers and their applications within the development, stage, and production environments. Troubleshoot to resolution and perform RCA for system issues involving any of the infrastructure components.
A Day in the Life:
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You will provide analytical, technical and administrative support in the planning, design and installation of new and existing server, storage and data systems in a virtualized environment.
- You will have knowledge of server architectures, multiple server operating systems, virtualization, networking, SANs, and infrastructure security standards.
- You will implementing complex and comprehensive solutions related to performance, availability of systems and security.
- You will provide day-to-day support for all production, development and testing system environments.
- You will create and maintain documentation relating to system configuration, processes and procedures regarding new technologies and applications.
- You will monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- You will act as technical liaison between clients, customers and vendors to resolve issues as needed.
- You will provide 24×7 on-call rotation support.
- You will maintaining the strictest confidentiality.
- You will complying with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as company and departmental rules, polices and procedural manuals.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
- Has excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft - Windows Server 2003 - 2016.
- Has knowledge of Microsoft - Active Directory (AD).
- Has knowledge of VMware ESX and Desktop Virtualization products.
- Has an understanding of SAN/Storage concepts in a virtual environment.
- Has experience with supporting, optimizing, and configuring databases (MS Access, Oracle, MS SQL Server).
- Has excellent knowledge of IP and TCP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of IP and TCP protocols.
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience with major data center server platforms.
- Exibits skills in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives, identify and resolve IT problems.
- Has strong organizational and project management skills and be able to apply them while working on a large complex technical assignment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Has the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and priorities to achieve personal, departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
- Has VMWare Certification.
- Has Microsoft (MCSE) Certification.
DISA is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.